The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Some things to be thankful for

I am happy
I am healthy
I’m actually still alive
I have a loving family
I have wonderful friends
I have made it to the age of 27 without having any permanent ties to people I now dislike or despise (children, joint property etc)
I have made it to 27 with no failed marriages and without making a marriage I now regret.
I am capable of earning enough money to support myself in a level of comfort that I feel happy with.
I am capable of learning from my mistakes.
I have no problems that can’t be resolved by the judicious addition of Krispy Kremes and a little perspective (FINE – I can skip the Krispy Kreme’s if I have to)
The people I love are all happy and healthy.
The people I love, love me.
I have enough challenge in my life to keep me interested and engaged but not so much that I feel constantly overwhelmed.
I have enough sorrow to remind me to focus on the joy.
I have enough joy to keep me looking forward to tomorrow.
I should have enough tomorrows to do the things I want to do with my life.
The things I want to do with my life might not change the world, but they are both achievable and long lasting. And to me they are the important things in life.

There are other things to be thankful for – but those are the main ones.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    do you think it's possible to love people that don't love you?

    wish you best of tomorrows anyway :D

     
  • At 4:57 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    sweetie, I know you're hurting right now after the passing of your Uncle Undies, but from what i read just below, he'd want you to remember him with a smile on your face.

    Those things you listed are a great start, it's always heartening to realise how lucky we ALL are, in the face of tragedy.

    ((hugs))

     
  • At 8:48 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Treespotter - yes, sadly I think it is. You'll get over it though. Given time and distance.

    Steph - Thanks darl. Hugs back at you.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    And babe, you're an Aussie. For that you should be happiest of all.

    Sorry for your loss. Hugs.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Oh yes - thats another one to add to the list - thank christ I'm an Aussie - imagine being English and growing up thinking that its normal to only see the sun 4 mths of the year!!!!!

    And thanks darl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home