The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The BEST time to nearly get hit by a truck.

This morning I caught the tube to work (lately I’ve been sticking to buses – less walking and less people) but I left the house at the same time as LH so I walked that way with her while talking & doing happy dances about today’s weather (24, sunny, only a light breeze as opposed to the gale-fricken-force winds that London usually has).

So, I gets to Liverpool St and off I hop, I wander up the road in my own little world and stand there at the lights waiting for the little green man to hurry the fuck up and arrive and as soon as it does, without even thinking about it, I step out onto the road. At the exact moment I step out onto the road, about 12 hands come out of nowhere to grab me and pull me back, while about 20 voices suddenly yell out “OI!”, “Stop!” or combinations of both at a rather large truck that was running that red light. I turned around to thank whoever the hell it was that grabbed me and guess who it was???

A group of around 30 police officers…. ROFL

Needless to say the truck driver was pulled over and booked. (Idiot.)

That’s the second time that’s happened to me now – I really have to start paying more attention to where I’m going, but if ever there was a time to nearly get hit by a truck, that would have to be it.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    So was it the second time you have hearly been run over by a truck, or the second time a policeman has saved your life.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Second time I have been daydreaming and nearly run over by a truck and a couple of policemen has grabbed me and pulled me back off the road... It's getting to be a habit.

    And no 'men in uniform' jokes!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Heh. Coppers... just like buses. Never one around when you want one and then 30 show up at once.

    Sunlight! TFFT!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Typical isn't it Dusty????

    I'm so excited about sunlight !!!! Its terribly, terribly exciting.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    *sings*

    "The sun has got his hat on,
    Hip hip hip hooray,
    The sun has got his hat on,
    And he's coming out today"

    Two days in a row of warm weather and sunshine? In Blighty? Why, I never!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - can you believe its sunny AGAIN????? Jesus - it's all too much, I'm on overload!!!!

    Russ - Liverpool St is one of my faves - I particularly love Paddington though. Why do you love the cops at Liverpool St??? Is there a story to this that you haven't shared yet? And yep, perhaps I should do a list of things not to be happy about to balance it out??? Do you think then something amazing would happen to me if I did???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home