The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, January 23, 2006

Issues....

I must say that I am starting to get a bit of a complex about how other people seem to perceive me (Recently I've been called 'feisty' 'aggressive' 'volatile' and 'assertive' and someone else admitted that when they first met me they were terrified of me - ME??!!?? WTF??!!?? The only time I am dangerous is if I think one of my shoes may get hurt and then I'll fight to the death)… it's a little disturbing when I'm not even PMS'ing.

I remember once telling my sister that any person with any sense at all was at least a little bit scared of her and she was very upset by that (look, tact was never my strong point, ok?) - I now understand how she felt.

I should also mention at this point that she has softened considerably - she's still a very strong woman but at least I'm no longer scared of her... it's more like a very healthy respect…. lol

But seriously folks, I know that we never see ourselves how other people see us - I have had that conversation with several people lately - but I don't think that I can possibly be that far off, can I ????

Oh my god - am I turning into my sister???????????

-

-

-

Minus the tan of course …. *frowns*

-

-

-

Meh - there are worse people to turn into I guess…

Still, it does bother me a little. Is anyone else experiencing this?

We actually had a sunny interval on the weekend which was quite nice… still bl**dy cold though! I thought it was supposed to get better from here on in however I have been informed that Feb is actually the coldest month over here and thanks to that freak weather pattern coming over from Russia it's going to be even worse this year… how lucky can I be…..

It's really very distressing.

I came home from my foray up the road & was sitting in the living room reading on Sat when MH walked in - she'd been out so she was wearing her overcoat which is long and quite fitted at the top and flared at the bottom, black Gucci handbag (which, if we folded her up, we could actually fit her in), black shopping bag, black trousers and a black jumper, black boots and black sunglasses….. I started laughing and she was like 'what????' when I finally stopped giggling I said 'Oh nothing, its just that Trinity from the Matrix called - she said she wants her look back and I had no idea what the h*ll she was talking about until you just walked in'

MH stopped, looked down at herself, opened her mouth to say something and at that precise moment, AH walked into the kitchen, clocked MH standing there (with her sunglasses still on) goes 'Hi Trinity' and keeps walking….

I just lost it.

She has sworn never to wear that coat again.


Had a huge day yesterday - got up to speak to mum & dad (they didn't forget me this week, how nice is that??) then went back to bed until about 3 and read, dozed, listened to music etc - it was very nice as it was so bl**dy cold!

Last night I coloured, foiled and cut LH's hair - all those years (and all that money) I have spent at the hairdressers is paying off for my housemates as are all the terrible things I have done to my hair over the years - now I know what NOT to do so I won't let them do it - but it was fun I have to say. We then did the girly thing - face masks, pedicures, ate chocolates etc

And her hair looks great.

MH then insisted that I do her hair which is a lot harder, she now has one blonde splice (don't ask me why she wanted it) and a short choppy haircut….I was sweating the whole time I cut her hair… I don't ever want to do that again…

I just wish that I could trust one of them enough to let them lose on my hair but I will never be that desperate.

Hairdressers over here are shit.

Seriously.

I have had a couple of haircuts since I got here - the first one cost me over £90 and it was terrible - he didn't do what I wanted at all and my hairstyle is pretty damn simple (which is why its so obvious when they fuck it up). The second one I got was £40 and it was pretty much the same, different problems but still not right.

When I get home the list of people that I am going to go see looks something like this:

Hairdresser Jo (or Sarah if she's available),
Chiro Rob & Massage therapist Cute Dave,
Pedicurist / manicurist Leanne,
waxer Lisa (more on her later),
Monique who does my facials & body treatments (eg body scrubs etc) then
my spray tanner Liz.

After I have seen all of those people I may consider catching up with friends and family….

Honestly, its THAT bad.

It really does perplex me - this is London - its in the middle of Europe, its SUPPOSED to be one of the major world capitals and yet the fashion over here and the support industries are seriously sub-standard.

Unless of course you happen to be Madonna and can afford to pay hundreds of pounds for a manicure… and btw, I do not object for paying top dollar for services like this - my haircuts back home cost me on average $200 - $250 so I really have no objection to paying for service but over here even the expensive places are hopeless.

I really miss my Aussie lifestyle in that regard, let me tell you!

Now I said there was more on the waxer….

I am a fan of brazilian waxes. It's neat, its tidy, its much cleaner (especially in summer in Oz) and really, if I'm going to get everything else off down there, why leave a strip in the middle (my apologies to anyone who feels this is too much info)?? If I walk out of the waxing salon with a single strand of hair on my body from the waist down then there is something seriously wrong.
In Oz, they use what we call 'hot wax' - they put it on, let it cool a little then holding onto the wax itself, they rip it off… over here, they use strip wax to do brazilians… so the same stuff that Aussies use on their legs and would never dream of putting near their bikini lines, these insane people use for brazillians…

Crazy fuckers.

It took me MONTHS to track down an Aussie beautician who had convinced her boss to change the wax they use and let me tell you, after several months of getting 'high bikini line' waxes, that first re-brazillian was excrutiating.

The problem is that they are literally the other side of London to where I am so it takes me about 4 hours to get a wax - I can't wait to get home to the woman who does my waxing.

I've missed her the most.

If she treated me any better, I'd marry her.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    My waxer knows me more intimately than any of my exes or even my gyno! And yes, I'd marry her too, if she were that way inclined....and if i was. :P

     
  • At 3:03 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    I know what you mean!

    I see mine every 4 weeks and when i was at home I had been going to her for a couple of years - she's been there through several relationships and the purchase of many accessories and shoes and more then a few hangovers!

    Bless her...

     
  • At 8:58 AM, January 25, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Hmmm - thanks for the tip dollop!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home